- In June, Marika Lulay succeeds Ulrich Dietz as Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the GFT Group. After leading the company for 30 years, Ulrich Dietz takes over the position of chairman of the Administrative Board.
- With the acquisition of the Brazilian IT specialist Habber Tec Brazil, GFT extends its market position in Latin America and welcomes more than 100 new experts in São Paulo and Curitiba.
- GFT sells emagine, its staffing services business, as part of a management buyout and focusses on its business with IT solutions for the financial sector.
- GFT acquires the Spanish IT services company Adesis netlife S.L. The acquisition brings on board 273 new IT professionals and extensive expertise in digital banking.
- Shareholders vote in favour of changing the company’s legal status to that of a European Company (Societas Europaea, SE).
- GFT acquires the UK-based business and IT consultancy Rule Financial. With over 660 full-time employees in the UK, the US, Poland, Costa Rica and Spain, Rule Financial is focused on investment banking services.
- GFT enters the Italian market with the acquisition of the IT consultancy Sempla, now called GFT Italia. With almost 500 employees, GFT Italia is currently one of Italy’s leading IT consultancies, specialising in IT solutions for commercial and private banking clients.
- GFT pools its staffing business in the new company and standalone brand emagine.
- Detaching from its Software division (GFT inboxx GmbH) in 2010, GFT underlined its strategic group alignment towards IT services and IT staffing.
- GFT headquarters move from St. Georgen to Stuttgart.
- GFT aquires the Parity group’s French and German operations and becomes an even stronger force in IT personnel solutions.
- GFT complements its existing on–site and nearshore operations with the addition of an offshore software development centre in India. After winning a significant contract for a Brazilian financial services company, GFT makes its mark in South America by opening a development centre near São Paulo.
- GFT UK is established in London. In the same year, GFT acquires emagine, a subsidiary of Deutsche Bank specialised in IT solutions for the financial sector. This brings with it a new development centre in Barcelona, with more than 500 financial IT consultants. In light of this development, GFT shifts its focus to IT solutions for the financial sector.
- GFT goes public – a milestone for the company. To mark the occasion, GFT changes its official name to GFT Technologies AG. On June 28, the company is listed on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange (New Market) with an offering price of 23 euros. After stock split 1:3 in June 2000 this corresponds to an offering price of 7,67 euros.
- GFT Technologies (Schweiz) AG opens its doors, specialising in forward-looking e-government solutions.
- GFT launches its first product on the market: GRIT.
- GFT was founded on 19th of March in 1987 in St. Georgen, Black Forrest. Since its first day Ulrich Dietz has headed GFT and is now leading the company into the future.