Automate testing to reduce the test lifecycle, improve quality and address capacity issues at a large German regional state bank
- Conduct an initial proof of concept (PoC) using proprietary and open source robotic process automation (RPA) tools for automation of testing processes including navigation and data entry in Loan IQ.
- Design and build a maintainable and scalable solution without hardcoding of coordinates or time limits.
- Ensure the solution would run on a Citrix environment.
PoC completed within 30 days using RPA and open source tools
- Initial PoC comparing performance of RPA tool UiPath vs.open surce automation tools built on Phyton. UiPath was proven to be the optimal tool for this project.
- UiPath deployed on GFT machines is able to interact with Loan IQ over a Citrix environment.
- Adoption of acceptance test driven development (ATDD) as development methodology.
- Regular meetings, both internally and with the customer, ensure adequate tracking of the progress and avoid bottlenecks.
Shorter testing cycles resulting in greater productivity and reduced costs
- Technical and methodical basis for the automation of all test cases successfully implemented
- Testing cycles has been significantly shortened
- 5.4x productivity improvement
- The initial PoC showcased the potential cost savings enabled by automation.