As an experienced technology partner, GFT Technologies SE (GFT) is committed to driving the digital transformation of the financial services industry. Drawing on our extensive knowledge of the sector, we advise the world’s leading financial institutions and develop bespoke IT solutions – from banking applications and trading systems to the implementation and support of complete platforms, and the modernisation of core banking systems. Our global innovation team also develops new business models, focusing on topics such as blockchain, cloud engineering, artificial intelligence and the internet of things across all sectors.
About the role
- Provide application architecture and solution design leadership for Cloud Migrations and Native Cloud Application developments
- Provide expertise in containerization using Docker or Kubernetes
- Ongoing development and definition of GFT’s vision and go-to-market proposition for Cloud based services - be a “go-to” expert for Cloud technology and solutions
- Perform hands on architectural design and implementation of complex cloud application solutions in high availability, high scale environments
- Develop Prototypes and Proofs of Concept to support, test and validate design and delivery assumptions
- Engage in architectural discussions with senior technology executives to support decision making processes; able to discuss costs, risks, benefits, opportunities and trade-offs associated with architectural options
- Providing assurance that Cloud solutions meet the Security, Compliance and Audit frameworks of the organisations GFT is engaged in – with a focus on the requirements of regulated Financial Services Companies
- Ability to provide on the ground troubleshooting and diagnosis to architecture and design challenges
- Support pre-sales, new business bids, account management and client meetings where required
- Be an advocate for Cloud technology within GFT lead the development of the Cloud engineering capability in the UK and US in addition to influencing the development of GFT’s global Cloud delivery capability
- Communicate complex architectural solutions in business terms to internal GFT and Client Stakeholders
- Mentor and coach less experienced Architects and Engineers to develop and grown GFTs talent pool, share best practice and establish reusable design and architectural patterns
- Provide industry thought leadership via speaking at conferences and events, wiring blogs posts and white papers, and being active on social media
About the person
- A background in application or data architecture
- Experience of designing, building and supporting complex enterprise applications and application estates in complex delivery environments with substantial client facing, commercial and team management experience
- Experience of designing and building complex, cloud based, enterprise applications and application estates
- Significant demonstrable expertise and experience of application architecture using at least one Cloud platform (e.g. GCP, AWS, Azure, HP OpenStack, IBM Cloud)
- Experience of creating and delivering hybrid cloud application migration strategies to meet customer specific requirements
- Expert knowledge and experience of Continuous Integration & Delivery and DevOps & Agile principles and practices
- Expert knowledge of the automation technologies such as Ansible, Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Xebia Labs, Octopus etc.
- A demonstrable commitment to design, build and deployment excellence underpinned by a desire to drive continuous improvement and learning
- Able to create and present Cloud migration strategies
- A track record of delivering large, complex cloud-based application migration or development projects (£1m - £5m budget)
- Experience of working with relational and non-relational data platforms and developing cloud data migration strategies in federated data environments
- Experience of industry standard architectural frameworks and guidelines to support compliance, audit and security requirements associated with regulated industries (e.g. TOGAF, COBIT, CSA)
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations and virtual teams.
- Demonstrated effectiveness working across multiple business units to achieve results, including experience of working in mixed shore delivery models
- Knowledge of the underlying infrastructure requirements such as Networking, Storage, and Hardware Optimisation
- A technical innovator at heart who is driven by generating new ideas and insights with a natural curiosity for new and emerging technologies and trends
- Experience of the Financial Services industry is considered highly desirable but not essential
What we offer you:
You will be working with some of the brightest people in business and technology on challenging and rewarding projects in a team of likeminded individuals. GFT prides itself on its international environment that promotes professional and cultural exchange and encourages further individual development.
Founded in 1987, the company is now represented with a global team of around 5,500 employees in Europe and North and South America. The GFT share is listed on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange’s Prime Standard (ISIN: DE0005800601).