As an experienced technology partner, GFT Technologies SE (GFT) is committed to driving the digital transformation of the financial services industry. Drawing on our extensive knowledge of the sector, we advise the world’s leading financial institutions and develop bespoke IT solutions – from banking applications and trading systems to the implementation and support of complete platforms, and the modernisation of core banking systems. Our global innovation team also develops new business models, focusing on topics such as blockchain, cloud engineering, artificial intelligence and the internet of things across all sectors.
- Demonstrated thought leadership in emerging technologies
- Understanding of the interaction of alternate technologies with incumbent technology (looking for industry / technology awareness)
- Ability to manage complex technical deliverables to meet program requirements
- Balancing best of breed technical implementation with the commercial / business schedule and work within budget imperatives
- Stakeholder engagement and influencing
- Strong technical architectural and design skills
- Identify problems, and provide range of solutions
- Cloud platform knowledge: GCP (Certification advantageous)
- Broad understanding of GCP infrastructure services: GCE, GSC, KSM, VPC, Cloud Load Balancing, GKE, Stackdriver, IAM, et al
- Knowledge of administering and engineering of Linux, and Windows
- Development/scripting experience. Desirable programming languages: Python, Golang, Scala, Ruby
- Data serialisation language: JSON, YAML
- >1 years building, maintaining, upgrading, troubleshooting DevSecOps pipelines capable of scaling to deploy 100s applications through test/dev to production
- Deployment strategies: Rolling, Blue/Green, & Canary
- Demonstrable experience across a range of DevOps tooling:
- CI – Jenkins/TeamCity/CircleCI
- SCM – Bitbucket/Github/Gitlab
- CM – Chef/Puppet/Ansible
- IaC – Hashicorp Terraform/Google Deployment Manager
- CD – Spinnaker/Octopus/Bamboo
- SecOps - Twistlock/Aqua Security
- Testing - JMeter/Cucumber
- GCP Dev tools – Cloud Build, Cloud Source Repositories, Container Registry
- Experience deploying applications using Deployment Manager and App Engine
- Containerisation: Kubernetes, Helm, Docker, GKE, Istio, OpenShift
- Documentation and Process: Jira, Confluence, Agile, Scrum
- Cloud platform knowledge: AWS and/or Azure (Certification advantageous)
- Serverless architecture: Cloud Functions, Knative, Kappa, Kubeless
- NoSQL and SQL knowledge: Datastore, Cloud Spanner, BigQuery, BigTable, MongoDB, Cloud SQL (PostgreSQL & MySQL), Oracle, MSSQL
- Big data technologies: Apache Spark, EMR, Hadoop, Dataproc, Dataflow, BigQuery, Pub/Sub, Kafka
- Messaging: Google Pub/Sub, RabbitMQ
- An ability to apply structured thinking, simplifying complex problems into component parts, to the resolution of project challenges.
- Working practices; thorough with high standards of work.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to be able to establish rapport with people at all levels.
- An eye for detail and accuracy, and an affinity with design issues and the ability to help establish an own a vision for our solutions.
- The ability to work in teams and knowledge of agile processes & ceremonies such as Scrum, SaFe and Kanban
- Organizational ability and tenacity; able to think ahead in order to establish an efficient and appropriate course of action for self and others.
- Take a proactive approach to work, good with handling uncertainty and can manage their work without close supervision.
- A strong sense of ownership and a desire to deliver quality outcomes for the business.
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills.
What we offer you:
You will be working with some of the brightest people in business and technology on challenging and rewarding projects in a team of likeminded individuals. GFT prides itself on its international environment that promotes professional and cultural exchange and encourages further individual development.
Founded in 1987, the company is now represented with a global team of around 5,500 employees in Europe and North and South America. The GFT share is listed on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange’s Prime Standard (ISIN: DE0005800601).