Our developers are responsible for review business needs, providing a technical design, implementation, testing and maintaining software. The Client is looking for creative individuals who are driven to produce great solutions while following standards and industry best practices. These positions require intelligent and self-motivated developers.
Our Developers are responsible for designing and delivering database services for multiple applications to the organization. Responsibilities include monitoring and improving database(s) uptime and performance, planning for growth and expansion, planning and implementing advanced features for high availability, backups and restores, as well as provide advanced troubleshooting assistance to application administrators and application developers, including code reviews. Perform DDL and schema changes in all environments, and support multiple applications using experience in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, connectivity issues, security issues etc.
Other responsibilities may include
• Provision MySQL instances, both in clustered and non-clustered configurations
• Ensure performance, security, and availability of databases
• Prepare documentations and specifications
• Handle common database procedures, such as upgrade, backup, recovery, migration, etc.
• Profile server resource usage, optimize and tweak as necessary
• Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
• Strong proficiency in MySQL database management
• Decent experience with recent versions of MySQL
• Understanding of MySQL’s underlying storage engines, such as InnoDB and MyISAM
• Experience with replication configuration in MySQL
• Knowledge of de-facto standards and best practices in MySQL
• Proficient in writing and optimizing SQL statements
• Knowledge of MySQL features, such as its event scheduler
• Ability to plan resource requirements from high level specifications
• Familiarity with other SQL/NoSQL databases such as MS SQL, MongoDB.
• Knowledge of limitations in MySQL and their workarounds in contrast to other popular relational databases
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git / Mercurial