Since the first banking startups entered the financial services market, customers have expected their banks to provide fully digital payment solutions. Customers now want secure and quick applications to send and receive money from person to person. In partnership with SIA, GFT built an entire digital wallet solution that is recognised as the market standard in Italy. The solution has over 4.2 million users and is used by 120 banks.
Develop a mobile app for P2B, P2G and P2P payments
- Enable payments in e-commerce and bricks-and-mortar stores (P2B), plus person-to-person (P2P) transfers through a single mobile app
- Payments to government institutions (P2G) for tax purposes and other public services
- Solution had to comply with and support required standards affecting bank accounts and cards
- The P2P service had to support a 360° market environment in which the different banks (domestic and international) are interconnected
Design and implementation of a complete digital wallet solution
- Development of the initial business concept including a feasibility study
- Implementation of a complete digital wallet solution in partnership with SIA, an international transactions processor based in Italy, for a tier one Italian banking group
- GFT leveraged its skills in banking systems, mobile apps and enabling technologies through a project called Appverse
Secure and user-friendly app now deployed by almost 80% of Italian banks
Implementation of the entire digital wallet solution in partnership with SIA
Solution is recognised as the market standard with over 4.2 million users and is currently deployed at more than 120 Italian banks
Strong foundation for the next phase of 'smart living' aimed at making everyday life easier thanks to advanced mobile services.