Acclaimed PSD2 compliance implementation
Increased security, choice and convenience
Less time invested in activities that don’t add value
Legacy enablement with modern authentication and authorisation methods
- This German banking giant needed to incorporate PSD2 compliance into its online banking service, specifically: two-factor (2FA) authentication for login and enabling access to payments and account information via third-party providers.
- New authentication methods did not fit well with the legacy platform.
- Increased demand of authentication and authorisation combined with the retirement of the existing method would increase stress on hard to scale on-premise systems.
Multiphase delivery of PSD2 requirements, monitoring load, performance and reliability of all back-end systems
- Advanced delivery with opt-in 2FA for login allowed gradual scaling of the load on backend systems. Data gathered confirmed that backend systems would not withstand the full load of live running with 2FA.
- GFT offered “comfort login” as an alternative. This gave users the choice of 2FA or comfort login, which offloaded the authorisation systems while fulfilling PSD2 needs.
- A fully decoupled authorisation front end was developed with React technology to ease integration of modern authorisation schemas as required by third party providers (TPPs).
- Central dashboard gives holistic view of TPP interaction to improve control.
- Project developed using Agile methods and delivered by an international team in four locations.
High customer and end-user satisfaction
- All PSD2 requirements met on time and within budget.
- Solution increases customer convenience and offers choice of ways to login securely andcomfortably.
- System loads were fully optimised to drive down costs.
- The bank was celebrated in the media as the best implementation of the PSD2 directive.
Download - just one click away
PSD2 as an opportunity